COVID-19 – OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
As per current legislation, we are not permitted to accept bookings for groups of 7 or more (adults or children) unless they belong to the same household.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is paramount to us.
Please be assured that we have established stringent cleaning protocols and health & safety measures to help our guests, our staff, and everyone who enters the building, to remain safe and healthy. We have received the AA COVID-19 Confident accreditation, certifying the high standard of COVID-secure measures we have implemented.
Please take a moment to read this information outlining the steps we’re taking to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable holiday with us at The Berkeley Apartments.
Maggie and Simon
CLEANING & SANITISING PROTOCOLS
Please be assured that we have undertaken the following steps:
• Increased frequency of cleaning our public areas (including the lift, stairwells, corridors, door handles etc.)
• Thorough cleaning and sanitising of each apartment between stays, using industrial, high-quality disinfecting equipment.
• Installation of hand-sanitisers at front and rear entrances for guests to use when entering the building.
• Regular temperature checks of all the Berkeley team.
• To avoid potential cross-contamination, we have temporarily removed newspapers, periodicals and leaflets.
• Similarly, we have removed spare blankets and cushions from the apartments. These are available on request.
HEALTH & SAFETY OF OUR GUESTS
During the current situation, we have had to implement additional health & safety measures. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but we’re sure you understand that these are essential for the welfare of all our guests. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
• If you or any of your party develop any Coronavirus symptoms prior to your stay with us, or you are self-isolating on the instruction of NHS Test and Trace, we kindly request that you contact us to cancel or delay your holiday.
• For the welfare of all our guests and our staff, we will carry out temperature screenings (using infra-red ‘no touch’ thermometers) at check-in. Should the reading be above the permitted range (currently 37.8C) for any member of your party, your stay with us will have to be cancelled.
• We may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, country of origin, travel itinerary and other relevant information.
HEALTH & SAFETY – ADDITIONAL MEASURES
In order to keep The Berkeley Apartments as safe an environment as possible for all our guests, please note the following:
• Any additional payments made must be by card or by bank transfer. No cash payments permitted at this time.
• Please can we remind you to ensure you are at least 2 metres away from other parties when you are using the stairwells and corridors, and also when entering and exiting the building.
• Please note that with effect from 8th August 2020 it is mandatory to wear face coverings in these public areas.
• Please only share the lift with members of your own party.
• If using the sun lounge, front or rear courtyards, please use these areas just with members of your own party wherever you can. If this isn’t always possible, then please practise self-distancing.
• Of course, the best safety measure is regular hand washing. All our apartments have hot water 24/7 and generous supplies of soap!
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
• In order to undertake a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of each apartment in between each stay, please note:
– CHECK-IN TIME is between 5.00pm and 9.00pm. Please advise us of your expected time of arrival so that we can try to arrange for parties to arrive at different times. In this way, we can practise safe distancing as much as possible.
– CHECK-OUT TIME will be no later than 10.30am. Later check-outs unfortunately will not be possible.
We will of course review these times as soon as this is viable.
We kindly ask that you follow these procedures for the safety and comfort of yourself, your family and friends, and that of your fellow guests. Your co-operation and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Maggie and Simon
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 DURING YOUR STAY AT THE BERKELEY APARTMENTS
In the unlikely event that you feel you are displaying any COVID symptoms, please call us on the Duty Phone on 07590 401 813 self-isolate immediately to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test, via the NHS on 111.
If you are confirmed to have COVID-19, you will need to return home if you are able to do so in private transport. Only drive yourself if you can do so safely. If you are not well enough to travel or you do not have the means to arrange transport, please let us know as soon as possible.
We will seek guidance from an appropriate health care professional and if you need to extend your planned stay in order to quarantine, please be advised there will be additional costs.